Jack Davis Tandem
Date: Mar 02 Ad ID: EBATA
Originally purchased in 1976 through Bud’s Bike Shop in Claremont, CA. They specialized in tandems back then. Jack Davis was a local new custom bike builder. This was his 7th frame (stamped on bottom bracket). I am the original owner. Purchase price $1600.
- “Twin lateral” frame design
- Chrome-moly frame-53cm/48cm
- Light total weight-approx. 32 lbs.
- 3 chain rings (56, 52, 34)
- 5sp. Cluster (with “walking gear”)
- Shimano Dura-Ace fr.derailleur(Japanese)
- SunTour VGT rear derailleur (Japanese)
- TA Cranks (Fr.)
- Phil Wood hubs (f & r)
- Super Champion rims (Fr.)
- 36 ss spoked wheels (f & r) 27”
- Shimano disc brake (rear)(Japanese)
- Mafac cantilever brakes (f & r)
- 2 “Ideale” leather saddles (need conditioning)
- Fingertip shifters
- Left brake lever – disc brake
- Right brake lever - cantilever brakes
- Zefal tire pump
- Needs rear seat post
- Needs some TLC, new tires, brake pads, etc.
Asking price is $900.
Bike is located near Carlsbad, CA. Cash only, please.
To contact the advertiser, please review the terms and conditions below.
By accessing this website and/or placing an ad on this website and/or selling or buying a product displayed on this website, you agree that no one associated with the TandemClassifieds.com website is responsible for the accuracy of the descriptions, the usefulness of the items or the success of the sale of any product displayed on this website. The descriptions and usefulness of the items on this website are strictly the responsibility of the person who provided the descriptions. The success of the sale of any product displayed on this website is strictly the responsibility of the seller and the buyer. Both are cautioned to carefully verify the legitimacy of any potential sale. No one associated with the TandemClassifieds.com website verifies the product descriptions or the legitimacy of any buyer or seller.