Rodriguez Erickson Tandem
Date: September 24 Ad ID: schen
This custom-built Rodriguez Erickson was commissioned 1985 as a no-expense-spared build. The original build sheet is available.
- Bar-end shifters: Suntour
- Bottom brackets: Suntour sealed bearings
- Chain stays: Reynolds 531 heavy tandem steel oval-round-oval
- Cranks: Front: 180 mm; Rear: 175 mm
- Down tube: 1 3/8 in straight gauge
- Frame: Direct Internal conformation
- Front chain rings: 52, 48, 34
- Full braze-on receptacles for Blackburn racks
- Pedals: Specialized road pedals
- Gearing: 18 speed, Suntour derailleurs
- Rear cluster: 13-34
- Bottom tube: Reynolds 531 oval
- Hubs: Phil Wood 48 spoke sealed bearing
- Head tube: 64 cm head tube for more upright posture
- Brakes: Shimano cantilevers plus front Phil Wood disk brake with thumb controls on stoker handlebar
- Forks: Reynolds 531 large oval tandem fork blades
- Rack: Blackburn rear rack and front low rider bracket installed for panniers
- Rims and tires: 27 x 1 1/8; 48 spoke for tandem touring strength
- Seat tube and seat stays: Reynolds 531; front= 61 cm; rear = 56 cm double butted
- Seats: Pearl Izumi Flolite front; Avocet women's rear
- Steering tube: 25 inch steering tube for rigidity and more upright riding position)
- Stem: Specialized mountain bike Slingshot stem for rigidity
- Top tube: oval designed by Phil Wood; rear dimension for long torso stoker (5'6" min)
- Tubing: All Reynolds 531 tubing
The cost for this bike was $2,700 in 1985, and there are less than 400 miles on it. Price: $2,000.
Local pick up, or we can negotiate delivery from Wilsonville, OR if purchased.
To contact the advertiser, please review the terms and conditions below.
By accessing this website and/or placing an ad on this website and/or selling or buying a product displayed on this website, you agree that no one associated with the TandemClassifieds.com website is responsible for the accuracy of the descriptions, the usefulness of the items or the success of the sale of any product displayed on this website. The descriptions and usefulness of the items on this website are strictly the responsibility of the person who provided the descriptions. The success of the sale of any product displayed on this website is strictly the responsibility of the seller and the buyer. Both are cautioned to carefully verify the legitimacy of any potential sale. No one associated with the TandemClassifieds.com website verifies the product descriptions or the legitimacy of any buyer or seller.