Date: August 8 Ad ID: EGGMA
This Santana Visa has had just one owner. It was bought directly from Santana in 2003 and ridden by me and my daughter on eight 1-2 week tours and many local day rides. The bike was updated in 2006 from the original 3x7 to 3x9 gearing to make it a more capable touring machine in mountainous terrain. It was "retired" in 2013 when my daughter graduated to her own single bicycle. The bike is in excellent mechanical condition, but the frame has chipped paint and three small dings from shipping (see pictures).
The frame is large /medium size; best for captains from 5'11 thru 6'2" and stokers from 5'2" thru 5'10". (We used a Santana stoker kit to make it fit my daughter for several years).
- Crankset - Shimano Deore LX tandem (FC-M560)
- Chainrings 52/44/28
- Front derailleur - Suntour XC Pro
- Rear derailleur - Shimano XT (RD-751)
- Cassette - Shimano 9 speed 11 - 34 (HG-400)
- Shifters - Shimano Dura Ace bar end (SL-BS77)
- Brakes - Shimano Deore LX cantilever (BR-M565), black color to match cranks. There's plenty of stopping power even on steep descents.
- Front wheel: Suzue sealed cartridge hub and Araya 700c VX-300 rim, 48 spoke
- Rear wheel - DT Swiss 540 Tandem hub and Velocity Dyad rim, 48 spoke
Also included in this sale:
- 4 water bottle cages
- Rear rack (JANDD Mountaineering Expedition)
- Front rack (Blackburn FL-1 low rider)
- Cateye Mity 8 computer
- Custom shipping box (see pictures)
- Double-sided Shimano SPD pedals or flat pedals (buyers choice)
The bike is in Long Beach, CA 90815. I can deliver it within 150 miles at no charge. Beyond that I will cooperate with shipping arranged by and paid by the buyer.
To contact the advertiser, please review the terms and conditions below.
By accessing this website and/or placing an ad on this website and/or selling or buying a product displayed on this website, you agree that no one associated with the TandemClassifieds.com website is responsible for the accuracy of the descriptions, the usefulness of the items or the success of the sale of any product displayed on this website. The descriptions and usefulness of the items on this website are strictly the responsibility of the person who provided the descriptions. The success of the sale of any product displayed on this website is strictly the responsibility of the seller and the buyer. Both are cautioned to carefully verify the legitimacy of any potential sale. No one associated with the TandemClassifieds.com website verifies the product descriptions or the legitimacy of any buyer or seller.