2005 Co-Motion Periscope Trident
Date: July 1 Ad ID: bhepp
This 2005 model year Co-Motion Trident Periscope was purchased new in 2007 from Gear to Go Tandems. It is in excellent condition, with only a couple of minor scuffs. There are no big scratches or dents.
The size is Small. The Captain's position accommodates from about 5'4" to 5'10". The mid and rear stoker positions accommodate a huge range of heights due to the ingenious telescoping seat masts. Our family rode this when my daughter was 5 years to 16 years old, making it a useful tandem for growing children. Full geometry specifications are on the Co-Motion website.
We had great fun with this triplet, including a week long tour in the Adirondacks when my daughter was eight, several tandem rallies and other charity and local rides. You'll make lots of memories with your family too!! In my opinion, a triplet is a better option than a tagalong behind a tandem. The second stoker on a triplet is more engaged and fully part of the team!
- Frame: Handbuilt frame with zonally-butted Co-Motion design chromoly steel tubing
- Color: PPG Soft Yellow
- Fork: Co-Motion Taper Gauge with a CNC Tandem Steerer
- Derailleurs/Shifters: Shimano 105 with flightdeck
- Brakes: Avid Single Digit 5 V Brakes with travel agents front and rear, also rear Avid drum brake with bar end control to scrub speed on fast decents
- Headset: RaceFace
- Drivetrain: FSA Gossamer tandem crankset with 3x9 setup
- Front derailleur: Shimano 105
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Deore XT
- Cockpit: Deda captain and Profile Design stoker bars with Zoom and Co-Motion adjustable stoker stems
- Post/Saddle: Co-Motion 29.8mm, PeriScope Seatmast System / Selle Italia Co-Motion saddles for captain and 1st stoker, Specialized child saddle rear stoker.
- Wheels: DT Swiss Hugi tandem hubs / Velocity Deep V 26" rims/ ideally accommodates tires 30-40 mm
Included extras: Jandd rear rack, SKS fenders, Cateye computers in stoker positions, mirrors.
For a reasonable extra fee: crank shorteners and Tandem Topper roof rack with extension and support to carry this triplet securely on a vehicle roof. Using this rack one person can load the triple onto the roof of a car.
We are located in Western NY and I am willing to meet someone half way (up to 300 miles) for delivery.
To contact the advertiser, please review the terms and conditions below.
By accessing this website and/or placing an ad on this website and/or selling or buying a product displayed on this website, you agree that no one associated with the TandemClassifieds.com website is responsible for the accuracy of the descriptions, the usefulness of the items or the success of the sale of any product displayed on this website. The descriptions and usefulness of the items on this website are strictly the responsibility of the person who provided the descriptions. The success of the sale of any product displayed on this website is strictly the responsibility of the seller and the buyer. Both are cautioned to carefully verify the legitimacy of any potential sale. No one associated with the TandemClassifieds.com website verifies the product descriptions or the legitimacy of any buyer or seller.