Santana Team AL
Date: August 25 Ad ID: Rebec
This tandem is travel ready! We used it for 600 miles of the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH), and it worked wonderfully! The tandem is a beautiful green to blue fade with original decals. It has 27 speeds.
Measurements are about the size of a Medium Santana, based on seat tube lengths. The bike was used comfortably for a Captain with a height of 5'10" and a Stoker with a height 5'8".
We purchased the bike second hand and made upgrades for travel including:
- Official Santana Airline Safecase
- Santana official GEN3 Bengal Conversion Kit w/ 10" rear disk brake and adapters (Mounts for rear standard brakes are still attached)
- Santana Official Rear rack*
- Shift Qwik Connects Couplers added to brake and gear cables
- Includes specialized Santana S&S wrench for couplers
- Bar extender for lights/computer mount
- Shimano flight deck computer for shifters
- Three water bottle mounts*
- Shimano Reversible Clip-in/Standard pedals stoker, standard captain pedals*
- Bullhorn style stoker handlebars*
- Extended Captain Stem (includes extra steerer spacers)
- Shimano Sweet 16 tandem wheels
- Schwalbe Evolution Foldable Tires
- Steerer Lock
- Terry Seats (Male Fly and Female Liberator) with rigid seat posts (older photos show suspension for stoker which was replaced due to squeaking!)
- Wired Precision Tandems Tandem-Com
- Hiking Pole to use as kickstand with Rubber BikeBrake Bands
- 3 new inner tubes (we didn't get a single flat!)
*These items do not fit in the Airline safecase and are packed separately. We also recommend packing the chain separately to keep weight under 50 pounds for airline travel.
The bike has a Honolulu Bicycle Registration which is transferable if purchased locally. The tandem is currently packed in the travel case, but could be built with advance request.
Note - the travel case is MASSIVE but awesome! We were charged once for oversize luggage, but the other time we got away with it as standard luggage! We purchased the case separately after buying the tandem locally and it was $500 to ship the case from Santana in California to Honolulu empty in a cardboard box. We will do our best to minimize shipping costs and work out the best options you desire, but we would expect this as a reasonable estimate, given the additional separate parts that are part of this sale.
Note 2 - The photos of the whole bike built show gear not included and/or before all of the updates were made. Boxed photos were taken 7/26/2020 and show everything that is included in this sale!
Price: $4,000 plus shipping, if needed.
To contact the advertiser, please review the terms and conditions below.
By accessing this website and/or placing an ad on this website and/or selling or buying a product displayed on this website, you agree that no one associated with the TandemClassifieds.com website is responsible for the accuracy of the descriptions, the usefulness of the items or the success of the sale of any product displayed on this website. The descriptions and usefulness of the items on this website are strictly the responsibility of the person who provided the descriptions. The success of the sale of any product displayed on this website is strictly the responsibility of the seller and the buyer. Both are cautioned to carefully verify the legitimacy of any potential sale. No one associated with the TandemClassifieds.com website verifies the product descriptions or the legitimacy of any buyer or seller.