Date: May 20 Ad ID: de_cla
For sale is a Santana eSCape tandem bicycle with belt drive and Shimano Di2 Ultegra shifting. This bike is perfect - just like new. It has been ridden less than 300 miles.
The bike was purchased in mid-2017 to participate in a tandem tour of New Mexico. Before the event, my wife (stoker) visited our grandkids in Chicago. On July 2, she went ice skating with the kids. I got a phone call from the ER saying that the stoker had a mishap and broke her arm and nose. She was not able to ride the New Mexico event, but I made arrangements to ride it on my single touring bike. The stoker came along and did a great SAG for me.
So, where did the extra miles come from? I also volunteer as a tandem captain with the Blind Stokers Club. I usually use my other Santana Soverign for those activies but did take the eSCape out just a few times for local rides with a BSC member in Orange County.
However, I had to give up tandem riding due to a health issue, and I underwent a cervical laminectomy to resolve those issues. Thus, the eSCape has been sheltered in the garage for a year after the procedure.
So, I have decided to sell the eSCape, as it needs to have a younger team ride this beauty to its full potential. This is not a cheap bike! But if you are looking for a new tandem, this is an exceptional bargain.
So, here are the details:
- Frame: Scandium aluminum tandem tubing for light weight and strength
- Size: Large/(The stoker size can accommodate a wide range of height stokers.)
- Wheels: Hadley/Velocity, 40 spoke
- Tires: Continental Gatorskin 700 X 32 foldable (brand new)
- Fork: Santana full carbon, Shimano Ultegra road caliper
- Headset: Cane Creek 110
- Saddles: Terry Fly (captain); Butterfly (stoker) Note: before riding this bike, these saddles were removed and replaced with our Brooks Cambium saddles. These saddles have not been used.
- Timing chainrings: Gates CDX with Gates Centertrack timing belt
- Crankset: Santana BB386 full carbon
- Drivetrain: Ultegra Di2 2x11, internal routing and battery. Charger included.
- Gearing Options: Chainrings now equipped with 34/50t, but this sale also includes a set of 36/52t chainrings.
- Cassette: 11-40
- Rear Brake: 4th generation 10" disc brake
- Rear cargo rack: Axium aluminum
- Pedals: Shimano SPD (2 pair)
- Speedometer(s): Cateye V3 (Speed, cadence, distance,heart rate, etc.) for the captain, and Cateye V2 (Speed, cadence, distance) for the stoker
- GPS Mount: Garmain
- Bottle mount: 4 with plastic/carbon faux cages included
Also available: Yakima SideWinder Roof Rack.
Price: $7,250 or make an offer. Please serious inquiries only.
Some advantages when purchasing this tandem instead of a brand new one: Available today, no sales taxes, no shipping charges if you pick it up. Or, I will deliver within 500 miles of Orange County, CA for a very small price, and finally, it's a bargain.
Serious inquiries please. Call me (see contact information below) for more information or to arrange to see the bike. Please leave a message and I will call you back. Or, respond by email with your first name and phone number. I will call you back within 30 minutes.
This bike is also advertised on Craigslist.
To contact the advertiser, please review the terms and conditions below.
By accessing this website and/or placing an ad on this website and/or selling or buying a product displayed on this website, you agree that no one associated with the TandemClassifieds.com website is responsible for the accuracy of the descriptions, the usefulness of the items or the success of the sale of any product displayed on this website. The descriptions and usefulness of the items on this website are strictly the responsibility of the person who provided the descriptions. The success of the sale of any product displayed on this website is strictly the responsibility of the seller and the buyer. Both are cautioned to carefully verify the legitimacy of any potential sale. No one associated with the TandemClassifieds.com website verifies the product descriptions or the legitimacy of any buyer or seller.